NEWSLETTER UPDATE – October 11, 2016
Dear Friends and Supporters:
As some of you may already know, all of GRACE’s rescues were asked to vacate the premises at Paws ‘N Claws the day before Memorial Day. We were given no advance notice; therefore, we had to scramble to find new temporary housing for our remaining 13 dogs. All of our cats and seven of our dogs had already been taken to Save Our Strays in Enterprise in March of this year. As a result of this latest action, we arranged to board six of our dogs at Bradford’s Rescue and Boarding in Albertville; two were taken to Cropwell Small Animal Hospital in Pell City; two were taken to Branchville Animal Hospital; two were in foster homes and one was taken to Little Cahaba Animal Clinic. Our dogs have remained in their respective locations until we could manage to get a new location and building ready for them. This took us almost five months. We are overjoyed to announce that we are now able to return our 13 babies to GRACE. Needless to say, the past six months have been extraordinarily stressful and difficult for everyone involved with GRACE Animal Foundation. We applied for a grant with the Remy Foundation in Birmingham but were not funded because we were requesting funds to help with a building project. We now find ourselves deeply in debt and struggling to continue our mission to give rescues in the area another chance. It has been very expensive to board our animals for almost five months, not to mention the initial cost of the building and converting this empty building into a kennel.
We continue to thank God each day for guiding us down this arduous path. In addition, there is no way we could have completed this journey without the help and/or donations of time and materials from the following:
- Jonathan Hayes, Hayes Construction, Leeds, AL
- Church of the Highlands Serve Team assembled by John Buck, ICON Solutions, Moody, AL
- Oneonta Building Supply
- Tommy Carden Roofing & Remodeling Company
- Charles Shephard from Cedar Grove Baptist Church, Leeds, AL
- Barry Henry and Randall Palmer, Odenville, AL
- Donnie Driver, Driver Contracting and Installation
- Jonathan Golden, Handyman and mason work
- David Courson, Cuz’s Cars, Odenville, AL
- Boy Scout and Eagle Scout Troops from Hoover, AL
- Charles Cutrell, Talladega
- Susie and Jimmy, Fine Pools, Moody, AL
- Mayer Electric, assisted by Craft Electric, Birmingham, AL
- Lowes of Leeds, AL (Valspar Representative; and Store Manager, Robert)
- Women’s Bible Study Group at The Gathering Place (Led by Carol Turnipseed)
Now that we have the building completed (we still need fencing installed) and are returning our dogs, we continue to need everyone’s help and financial support. We are operating on a wing and a prayer.
In conclusion, the GRACE animals and members of the Board want to ask each of you for your prayers and your continued support with donations and fund raising/adoption events. We are always in need of fosters (virtual or physical) and volunteers. Also, please continue to follow us on Facebook; like us and share us.
We will be sharing new photos very soon.